Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Where is Jane?

I talked with Pastor Kevin Porter from Germantown tonight and mentioned Jane being "bummed" about missing both our group from SC and the group from Germantown, PA. He said just a little while ago by the fire where Matt was making s'mores, that if she was less than 9 hours away that she could be here before we left.

Then, we discussed the Maundy Thursday devotional/service that he served 2 years ago and mentioned doing a similar service last year. That caught my attention. Our group is responsible for Devotions tomorrow night, Maundy Thursday. Now, we can't do quite the service that Teddy Marcot put together and we can't have the musical parts because the kids aren't here, but maybe we can keep the tradition alive a little longer with Kevin and do a simple communion. Kevin seemed to like the idea. Let's see where the idea takes us.

Jane, let me know if you are on your way.

I couldn't go to sleep tonight before I threw this question out there.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. We were in the middle of expecting the family but you can imagine how tempted I was. The P'ton Peeps have always been my second family. Besides, I'm in the middle of finishing this book so you can read it all in one piece. I hope you'll write a report on Neighbor Night. Who came, what's new with everyone, what's new at PDA, etc. Is Hattie's stand still going? Where did you go out to eat? Send me photos!!!!