Saturday, September 13, 2008

Special Offering this Sunday

Hopefully, the church Session approved a special offering for the special Mission Sunday service this weekend. This offering is planned to help our friends in Pearlington recover again from hurricanes, this time Gustav. Based on the coverage from Ike, I wouldn't be surprised if Pearlington had more flooding again from Ike. The PDA camp in Houma appears to be flooded again from the coverage on every news network.

One of the friends that we learned about this week are the Wades. They are the entrepreneurial type in town. They have opened the only new business in Pearlington after Katrina. Her husbands works at the Fire Dept and with her family, they were running the so-called by Jane Els "Corny Dog" stand.

When we were back there in April, we made a point of eating lunch there a couple of times. The food was home-cooked at the back of the pull-trailer by the family. Their home was flooded out again by Gustav. Based on information from Jane and Dallas, they really need help. Hopefully, we can provide some help, especially with the special offering.

In other sad news for me: I do not think that I will be able to go on the Oct 12 trip. I have a business trip to Australia around that week, and I do not think that I can pull off both trips back-to-back. Unfortunately, I had to make that decision to delay a trip to Japan because I didn't want to leave when Hanna was coming close and Ike's direction wasn't clear. Somehow, I will find a way to get there. My labor wouldn't really help too much, but I was always helpful getting people and things to the right places...

No comments: