Thursday, August 28, 2008

Gustav is Coming 2

The hurricane models are lining up together on Gustav, and they make it appear that some part of Louisiana is going to get hit. That adjustment may help my friends in Pearlington, MS, but the storms have a tendency to drift east at the last minute. Plus, the worst part of the surge and winds are usually on the East side. I will be calling down to a few of the families and friends that I have met in my last few trips. I will be offering our home for them to come. The emotional trauma of knowing that what you just rebuilt may be destroyed again is pretty tough at this point. Tough people that stayed for Katrina are getting ready to evacuate. Knowing what the surge and wind can do now just 3 years earlier, I do not think that anyone can over prepare. The setup is similar to Katrina, about 4 days out the models consistently point. The storm is getting into 90F water. Get out of the way. Come visit us in SC.

No comments: