Sunday, March 9, 2008

Back to Pearlington

We are heading back to Pearlington in 2 weeks. I have been unbearably busy with work, and that work is taking up its usual time and my personal, free time. My mind is cluttered. We have split into 2 groups to go back this time. I am leading a team of 14 people (including 4 father and grand/son pairs) for the last week of March during the kid's Spring Break. Then, another group will head out in late April. By splitting up, we are able to give more people an opportunity to experience the work and people of Pearlington and the energy there with volunteers from around the country.

I speak with Jane Els there and she says that it was a bit slow for a few weeks during the winter, but volunteers are pouring in. We were able to get only 9 slots for the week of March 23rd. And, we will end up using only 6 at the PDA camp. Since anyone under age 18 isn't allowed at the PDA camp or worksites, those 8 will be over at the Pearlington Resource Center (PRC). There is plenty of work for any group. We will hopefully connect with Pastor Glenn from One House at a Time who we had the honor to meet on our trip in October.

I am looking forward to it, I wish that I had more time to spread the word and energize others. We will see you there soon

No comments: