Thursday, July 12, 2007

Title image

I decided to tinker with the blog layout today, but I wanted to keep the picture that had been behind the title description for a while. This picture is very symbolic to me of the problems in the area.

The trailer is in the background behind the boat sitting on top of the car. I am assuming that the boat is in their front yard. This picture was taken while we were in Pearlington, MS the first week of April 2007. More than 19 months since Katrina, the people living in the trailer see the destruction each time they go out their door. It is difficult to put lives back together and be optimistic about the future when you can't even clean up the past.

I read recently that depression is on the rise there. No wonder. And, now with the weather getting very hot especially down there, I suspect that the amount of volunteers there is dwindling. But, we are going back in October. And, I would like to go back again very quickly in December. Will you find the time to go along with us? About 10 are committed to go so far, there is room for another 10...

No comments: